Open Age Art Competition April 2021
What does Ageing Joyfully mean to you?
Do you love painting? Drawing? Photography? Maybe even sewing? Then this competition is for you! In honour of World Happiness Day and inspired by Open Age’s very own Maggy Pigott CBE, author of ‘How to Age Joyfully’, Open Age brings you our very own Art Competition:
‘What does Ageing Joyfully mean to you?’
As members of our self-made community, you know that Open Age strives to provide opportunities for our members to live life to its fullest, trying new experiences, making long-life connections and having as much fun as possible along the way….so why not express this through Art?!
We are calling out to all our members, to send in their art within the theme ‘What does Ageing Joyfully mean to you’. Whether it means a painting of you playing with your grandchildren, a sketch of a performance you may have been part of, or even a watercolour of you yachting with a martini in hand; we want your entries!
So assemble those easels, prepare those palettes and get creative!
We are asking that any submissions are in the visual arts only. This includes, paintings, drawings/sketches, sewing or mosaics. The winner will receive a signed copy of Maggy’s book.
How to enter:
Please send a picture of your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Pictures will need to be sent in a JPG or JPEG format, attached to or in the body of the email.
Entries must be received by 11.59pm on Wednesday 21st April. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
Any work submitted must include your FULL NAME and the medium your work is in (for example, watercolour, pastel or Oil)
Competition Terms and Conditions of entry:
1. By submitting an entry to the competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Open Age reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
2. The competition is being run by Open Age and for Open Age members.
3. This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. Only one piece per individual member can be accepted.
5. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt; Open Age will not accept responsibility for any late or lost entries.
6. The winner will be selected by Maggy Pigott CBE and a special guest (TBC)
7. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
8. The decision of Open Age regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified after Friday 23rd April via the email provided with the competition entry or by phone (on the week commencing Monday 26th April).
10. Open Age will attempt to contact the winner up to two times. If the winner does not respond to the emails or phone calls notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second attempt, they will lose their right to the prize, and Open Age reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
11. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery of the prize or alternative collection or delivery arrangements may be made through mutual agreement.
Data protection and publicity:
12. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by Open Age for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
13. All entrants may apply for details of the winning participant by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
14 .The winner agrees to the release of their first name and borough of residence to any other competition participants if requested via Open Age.
15. An announcement of the winner’s first name and borough of residence will be made via Open Age’s website and in member communications
16. All personal information shall be used in accordance with Open Age’s Data Protection Notice.
Working in Partnership
Open Age Charity Wins Major Sport Award for Innovative Physical Activities During Covid-19
Donate with peace of mind,
Online payments to Open Age are processed by CAF - Charities Aid Foundation - which is a charity itself that supports other charities with banking, fundraising and lots more. It is safe to make a donation to Open Age using our donate buttons, powered by CAF.,